You have probably heard the term “digital marketing” thrown around a lot. But what is it? Digital marketing includes many different aspects of digital media, such as social media and emails, to build brand awareness, drive traffic to your website, and convert that traffic into leads or sales. In this article, we will go over different types of digital marketing: search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click advertising (PPC), and content creation.
Let’s see some types of online marketing that are most common.
Search Engine Optimization
Managing SEO practice focusing on growing visibility in unpaid, organic search engine results. Search engines are the primary way people find information online today so they are a key player in digital marketing strategies – studies have shown that 73% of users never scroll past page one! Digital marketing trends show that it’s vital to not only rank for your target keywords but also maintain those rankings over time. A good SEO ensures the online reputation of your business brand ranking and marketing is maintained and the right segment for marketing is visiting your website. To do this, various tactics are used to improve and maintain your website’s visibility which ultimately gets more attention from the potential clients.
Search Engine Optimization includes:
- Increasing the number of quality backlinks pointing to your site through guest blogging or outreach campaigns. The number of high-quality sites that link back to you is known as “link equity.” You can check how many links have been indexed in Google by using Moz Open Site Explorer.
- On-page optimization – making sure your title tags and meta descriptions match up with what shows up on search engine results pages (SERPs). Also, ensure all content has proper HTML heading tags for better SEO rankings! Headings should include H tag titles between six and seven characters long. This means having H tags such as “Heading Heading,” etc.
- Keyword research – understanding what keywords your target audience is searching for, how difficult it will be to rank for each, and which ones have the highest search volume based on industry and digital marketing trends from tools like Google Trends.
Digital Marketing and its tools involve creating content that encourages people to engage with you and with your online business. This can include blog posts or social media updates that start a conversation between you and potential leads/customers. Content creation includes:
- Blogs – most businesses should have at least some type of blog where they share their knowledge about their field with others. You can also create helpful guide infographics to increase blog traffic, protect your brand identity and brand awareness.
Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC)
Pay-Per-Click Advertising PPC is an online digital advertising model used to direct traffic toward websites where advertisers pay the publisher each time their ad gets clicked on by a visitor to the site. This is one of the most common types of digital marketing.
- Creating and buying ads on search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo! and others to get your business in front of potential leads when they’re searching for keywords related to your industry. This strategy can help in making or breaking your business. You can set a daily budget or maximum cost-per-click (max. CPC). For example: If you want to spend $20 per day on advertising, then set a max. CPC at 25 cents will help ensure that you don’t go over budget while still getting traffic!
- Buying ads from social media sites like Facebook – this is known as “social advertising.” Ads here are usually more affordable than search engine campaigns but also reach a smaller audience.
- Creating an ad campaign through a PPC management platform like AdWords is one of the most common ways to reach new customers with your digital marketing efforts. Google’s version, called “AdSense,” was created in 2003 and has since become one of the biggest global advertising networks online today – bringing in more than $50 billion each year!
Social Media Marketing (SMM)
Social Media Marketing is a form of digital marketing that involves using social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more to get your brand in front of potential leads. It also helps in online reputation management of your business.
Social media – using platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and others to interact with potential leads/customers online through content. This is also important for your business branding and your online presence.
The most common sites used for SMM are Facebook (the most popular), YouTube, Instagram (owned by FB), Pinterest, Snapchat, and Twitter. There’s also some less-popular options here, like Reddit or Tumblr, that you can use depending on what type of audience you’re trying to reach with your business/brand!
SMM also includes using hashtags or “keywords” in your social media posts to make your business stand out as a trending topic on social media. This often happens during major events like award shows, big TV episodes, etc.. However, you can still use this tactic for regularly scheduled content as well, even if it’s not getting that much attention at any one particular moment. These are the things that you should know and this is what professional digital marketing agencies will suggest you to do to enhance online reputation of your business or brand.
Mobile Marketing is a form of digital marketing that focuses on creating content and advertisements specifically geared towards mobile devices like smartphones or tablets.
The most common places to use mobile marketing include social media sites, text messaging services (SMS), websites visited via mobile browsers, and even apps downloaded from app stores! If you run an eCommerce business, you can even sell your products via an app that people have to download on their devices.
Email Marketing is simply sending promotional offers or newsletters through email to potential leads/customers to get them interested in purchasing a product or service from you! This comes with building up an “email list,” which can be done in various ways.
The most common way to do this is by using an email marketing service like Mail Chimp (one of the best and cheapest options) or Aweber, where you send out emails through their platform on your own existing site/blog or even just with a plain text email!
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) is a process that uses consumer psychology to increase the percentage of visitors to your website who become customers. CRO includes:
- A/B testing means creating several different versions of an ad, landing page, or email campaign and sending them out randomly to see which ones get better results from potential leads/customers (i.e., higher conversion rates). This helps you figure out what works best based on text color, images used in ads and emails, as well as where they’re placed on the page for maximum effect.
- Landing pages are specific web pages that you send traffic towards from an ad campaign so that visitors who come over have a straightforward task like checking out your website, filling out a form, or making a purchase. By using CRO on these pages, you increase the odds of getting first-time customers who want to do business with you so that they become repeat buyers and, more likely than not, share your site with friends.
Influencer Marketing (IM)
History of digital marketing tells that this is another type of strategy where brands pay people (i.e., “influencers’ ‘) influential in their industry to review products/services on YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, and other social networks as well as traditional media like magazines and newspapers, for maximum exposure about their brand and for effective reputation management of your business. It’s important here to note that this tactic has been around since before the internet existed, but it has recently been back into vogue over the last few years due to social media sites’ sheer potential reach.
The most well-known influencer marketers include YouTube stars like PewDiePie and others with millions of followers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., as well as traditional celebrities in various fields, from sports to music/radio personalities. Influencer Marketing is different from other types of digital marketing because it’s usually only used to get the word out about a new product/service and not something you use all the time. But when done right, influencer marketing can be a compelling way to reach your target audience!
These are all examples of types of digital marketing because they’re used online and involve specific strategies to increase awareness about your brand/business through different platforms!
Digital Engage is a digital marketing and web design company based in Tennessee. Our professional team has expertise in services like wordpress web design, WooCommerce, Shopify web design, Wix services, Magento Web Design, Squarespace Design Services, BigCommerce, Drupal Development Services, Joomla Services, Hubspot, OsCommerce, Prestashop and others. You should choose us because we provide professional consultation, value our clients, have a track record of success, and are always available to provide you with the most professional services. Call us today to learn more about our services.