How to Successfully Migrate a Website to Shopify Without Losing SEO Ranking?
The main reason why website owners migrate their websites to Shopify is that they want to improve their eCommerce platform. They are not happy with the current features and functionality of their online store and feel that Shopify will offer them a more seamless experience.
However, making the switch comes with its own risks. One of the biggest is that you could lose your search engine rankings and all the organic traffic that comes with it. Search engines work with algorithms and you can use them to leverage your current SEO situation on your new site. However, you need to craft an expert SEO strategy to pull this off successfully.
1. Do Your Research
The first step is to do your research and plan your migration carefully. This is not a decision that should be taken lightly and you need to be sure that Shopify is the right platform for you.
2. Prepare Your Site for the Switch
Once you have decided to migrate your website to Shopify, the next step is to prepare your site for the switch. This includes creating a backup of your current site, setting up 301 redirects, and preparing your product and blog data.
3. Choose the Right Shopify Plan
There are three different Shopify plans – Basic Shopify, Shopify, and Advanced Shopify. The plan you choose will depend on your budget and the features you need.
4. Migrate Your Data
The next step is to migrate your data to Shopify. This includes your product data, blog data, customer data, and order data. The good thing about Shopify is that they offer a free migration service which makes the process a lot easier.
5. Set Up Your Shopify Store
The final step is to set up your Shopify store. This includes choosing a theme, customizing your shop, and adding your products. The goal is to make your shop look professional and easy to navigate.
6. Test Your Shopify Store
Once you have set up your shop, it’s important to test everything to ensure that it’s working properly. This includes testing the checkout process, the email notification system, and the order management system.
7. Launch Your Shopify Store
After you have tested your store and made sure that everything is working properly, it’s time to launch your shop. This is when your 301 redirects will come into play and all of your traffic will be redirected to your new Shopify store.
8. Monitor Your Shopify Store
The final step is to monitor your Shopify store. This includes tracking your traffic and sales, as well as your SEO ranking. By monitoring your store, you’ll be able to make changes and improve your shop over time.
Benefits of Shopify As an eCommerce Platform
Shopify is a popular eCommerce platform for a reason – it’s packed with features that make it easy to set up and manage an online store. Plus, it’s constantly being updated with new features and improvements. Here are some of the benefits of using Shopify:
– Easy to use: One of the biggest advantages of Shopify is that it’s easy to use, even for those with no technical experience. The platform is designed to be user-friendly and it only takes a few minutes to set up your shop.
– Scalable: Shopify is a scalable platform, which means that it can grow your business. As your business expands, you can add more products and features to your shop.
– Reliable: Shopify is a reliable platform that is backed by a team of experts. If you ever have any problems with your shop, you can contact customer support for help.
– Affordable: Shopify is an affordable platform, especially if you compare it to other eCommerce platforms on the market. Plus, there are no hidden fees – you only pay for the features you use.
– Secure: Shopify is a secure platform that is PCI compliant. This means that your customers’ credit card data is safe and secure.
– Flexible: Shopify is a flexible platform that offers a wide range of features. Whether you want to sell physical or digital products, Shopify has you covered.
– Mobile friendly: In today’s world, it’s important to have a mobile-friendly website. Shopify is designed to be responsive on all devices, which means that your shop will look great on any device, whether it’s a phone, tablet, or laptop.
Tools You Can Use For Help With SEO
With Shopify, you have everything you need to optimize your shop for SEO. However, there are also a number of third-party tools that you can use to help with your SEO efforts. Here are a few of the most popular:
Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a free tool that allows you to see how your shop is performing in Google search results.
It is the world’s largest database of live backlinks.
Ahrefs is a paid tool that offers a wide range of features, including keyword research, site audits, and competitor analysis. You can also check the SEO performance of your Shopify store.
Yoast SEO is a popular WordPress plugin that can be used to optimize your shop’s blog for SEO.
Bing Webmaster Tools
Bing Webmaster Tools is a free tool that allows you to see how your eCommerce site is performing in Bing search results.
Keyword research is an important part of SEO and KWFinder is a paid tool that offers a wide range of features, including keyword research and competitor analysis.
The final tool on our list is Google Analytics. This is a free tool that allows you to track the traffic of your Shopify site and see where your visitors are coming from.
Shopify is a popular eCommerce platform that offers a lot of features and benefits. If you’re thinking about migrating your website to Shopify, the process is relatively easy and straightforward. Plus, Shopify offers a free migration service to make the process even easier. Shopify app store also offers many features that other app stores don’t offer.
Website hosting plays a vital role in migrating your website from one platform to another. But if you do your research and plan carefully, you can successfully migrate your website without losing your SEO ranking.
Digital Engage is a digital marketing and web design company based in Tennessee. Our professional team has expertise in services like Web design services, wordpress web design, WooCommerce, Shopify web design, Wix services, Magento Web Design, Squarespace Design Services, BigCommerce, Drupal Development Services, Joomla Services, Hubspot, OsCommerce, Prestashop and others. You should choose us because we provide professional consultation, value our clients, have a track record of success, and are always available to provide you with the most professional services. Call us today to learn more about our services.